Monday, January 25, 2010

Musings on bending the laws of physics

Ooohh, exciting! Nine degrees and snowing in Petersburg! The warmest temperature I've seen yet!
...and they still haven't gotten the Christmas snow cleaned up. God bless the city government, who purchased 2,000 snow shovels to give out to St. Petersburg residents...all 4.7 million of them. :)

The organization coordinating our semester abroad suggested packing comfort food; for me, that means a jar of peanut butter and a large plastic bag full of herbal tea. It struck me as I packed the Jif that I don't know what there is in Russia on which to eat it. Peanut butter pancakes, anyone?

We've taken over my sister's room as packing central, and I'm playing Celtic music while debating which socks can be squeezed in where and trying to figure out how to roll a dress shirt. Packing. It's fascinating! (Anyone with ideas on how to reach the fourth dimension in terms of physical space, please share!)

Off to see if I can fit Anna Karenina in my purse, then shopping for a bathroom scale that's more accurate than 'within ten pounds, more or less.' Ta-ta for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment